College Committee on Admissions | CCA
Per the UMSC constitution, responsibilities of CCA student members include:
1) Formulate and recommend to the Executive Committee the policies for student admission the College of Medicine.
2) Admit all students to the College of Medicine through processes based upon approved policies; such policies to relate to the establishment of:
- Criteria and standards for the evaluation of candidates
- Procedures for application
- Procedures for the review of applications
- Procedures for acceptance of candidates
3) Formulate and recommend policy regarding the recruitment of students.
4) Maintain records that permit continuing evaluation of policy and process regarding admissions.
5) Develop the means of facilitating understanding of College policies and procedures among premedical advisors.
CCA Meeting Information
This committee meets on the third Thursday of each month. Please contact your Student Affairs office for information regarding meeting locations, videoconference and teleconference options.
As materials are confidential, each student member will be contacted by the chair person or secretary of the committee with further instructions regarding meetings, agendas and other committee issues. In the event that you are not contacted, please contact the Administrative Secretary of the committee for instructions.